Pages

Saturday 8 June 2013

Being 'pro' ANYTHING is Best for EVERY Woman.


I know abortion is a really touchy subject. I get it. It’s controversial and it’s a topic many people just don’t agree on. And that’s why I am going to try my best to be PC and as respectful as possible while writing this.
I think we can all agree, whether ‘Pro-Choice’ or ‘Pro-Life’, that making a decision about abortion is not a situation that anyone wants to be in or go through. It’s already a difficult personal decision, without bombarding that person with a billion opposing views. 
I’m sure that most people would like to avoid that issue all-together, if they could. Unfortunately, because of the nature of life, its an issue that we do have to deal with. It has moral, legal, and life altering repercussions.

I think we can all agree that we all have the right as human beings to have different opinions, values and moral standards. Right? And we all have the right to use all of those aspects of our personalities to make decisions in our lives.
 As I’m writing this, I can foresee some opposing arguments, like ‘So does that mean that we should allow people to go around shooting others just because it fits within their personal moral code?’ And the answer is ‘No, I don’t think that at all’. Just hear me out, please.
Our freedom to do as we please ends when we infringe on another person’s rights. Therefore, killing another living human being wouldn’t be within our rights. 

And once again I already know the opposing view’s argument, ‘what about the unborn baby’s rights?’ but let me stop you right there.

We can spend all day and all night debating the technicality of life: whether it starts when the sperm and the egg meet, or whether it’s at the first trimester or when the baby takes its first breathe.I know there is no right answer here. I think we can all agree that there is no perfect answer to all of this. Regardless of how I feel about abortion, what I can’t fathom is how I could ever make a decision about someone else’s egg and sperm, and make a decision, for them about what can or can’t occur inside of that woman’s womb. This woman has her own set of experiences, beliefs and circumstances the rest of us know nothing about.

How can I make a decision about her?

Plain and simple: I can’t.

That being said, I think that for anyone who is ‘Pro-life’, it is in COMPLETELY AND TOTALLY in their right to never get an abortion because it does not fit within their own sets of values. That’s more than fine, it’s their right as humans. They get to choose because it’s their life, their body. But what I just don’t get…what I just can’t process, is people who go around telling others what they ought, can or can’t do within their own body in their own life.

“Hey you! I’m going to tell you what can or can’t occur inside of your own body, even though I do not know you nor will I ever know you personally.”

What I like about ‘Pro-Choice’ is that it’s exactly that: A CHOICE.
‘Pro-Choice’ does not equal DEATH. It equals freedom to choose whatever is best for you because there is no conceivable way that I, nor you, could know what is best for every woman in the world.

So what do I think about abortion?

I think its well within a woman’s right to get an abortion done under any CIRCUMSTANCE. I mean if you put yourself in the same predicament (having unprotected sex) over and over and over again, then that is really by far the most stupid decision you could ever make. But there is a reason why legal abortions exist after all, to help even woman who've fallen pregnant against their wishes i.e rape and don't wish to keep the fetus. I don’t believe that the doctors and nurses who conduct abortions see it as ‘murder’ because that would totally go against their career choice and morale attached to it.

 " If your not ready to have a child, then you're not. And if you don't wanna carry it and then give it away, then so be it. I mean some snakes eat their own eggs; thats just nature. We are nature, we are no different. " - Khotso Zihle

Thank you For Reading 

@YoliDiintsi