Pages

Wednesday 2 April 2014

Nkandla Saga and Rising Prices

President Jacob Zuma's residence in Nkandla. Picture: SOWETAN/SUNDAY WORLDAs a South African Citizen I'm quite sure you, just like every other lower-middle class citizen, have your head filled with unanswered questions and fuming with thoughts you'd like our president Jacob Zuma to hear; but it has been proven, once again, we're nothings to the man in charge.

After Thuli Madonsela's report the news have been filled with nothing but comments and latest updates from members of parliament in regards to the whole debacle and with the man himself Ghedlihlekisa Zuma speaking to eNCA and sharing HIS thoughts on the Nkandla Project.

I was really astound with the man's comments shared on eNews when he said "I have spent 10years in prison, I shall not feel like a prisoner in my own home" when asked about the installations and updates he had at his home. My question is who even asked him to go to jail for anyone? Because as I remember it very clearly in my few years of living, no political fighter had ever made being arrested for the cause an issue or a justification rather, in getting ANY privileges thereafter.

I think Jacob Zuma has got the whole plot wrong in that by him merely going to jail for 10years has given him the right to take PUBLIC money and do as he pleases with it for the benefit of his family.

Because we're all so stupid and blind, and will take anything he says as the truth nothing will be done just like the Shabir Shaik trial and all the other corruption charges filed against Zuma's name or any of his current or former colleagues. But as a contributing member of society, I would like to complain yet agian about the ridiculously rising prices in Taxi's, food and petrol!

I mean who in their right mind will pay R7 for a local taxi ride thats less than 5minutes? I wont even speak about how much Chocolates cost now.. to even toiletries.. its going to be so hard for us women to maintain our standards of beauty and appearance when even shaving blades are costing more than a Streetwise two.
Fuel prices will hit record highs when the latest petrol price increase kicks in on Wednesday.(Oupa Nkosi)
Hai'khona.. Zuma must do us a favour FAST and pay back what is owed by him, so this rise in prices can stop as well as having the currency decline by the week :-/ ..