Pages

Wednesday 19 September 2012

What You Say To Other’s…

“Let a rotten saying not proceed out of your mouth but whatever saying is good for building up” Ephesians 4:29 This has inspired today's entry.

As an imperfect being, I admit to saying things that may have not made the next person feel any better about themselves which is something I could never be proud of or find delight in, sometimes haha #hides. Those who know me really well will know that Im the last to be preaching about such but theres always a limit and if you dont know when you have reached yours then theres a problem.


"To remain in God’s love, we need to use the Gift of speech as the Giver intended!" so say the religious ones but it's good advice non the less.. We have to constantly keep fighting the sinful tendency of misusing our tongues. Obscene language, harmful gossip and slander could only strip others dignity and leaving them feeling worthless. Ive been in both seats, victim and perpetrator.

At many times, I drown in my tears as I feel alone and overwhelmed by the troublees of the world. I am constantly surrounded by people but that does not mean I have a lot friends or have that specific someone to give me the encouragement I often give even though my mom is always around. But factors I’ve learned that characterise up building speech are: wholesomeness, truth and kindness. It has taken me YEARS to become the person I am and I havent stopped learning.

Always train yourself to look for good in others and give voice to the positive. Though also do not feel that you must fix the problem. In many cases simple words are often the most helpful, a prayer for those that believe and just a reminder that there is a "God" and people who love and care for you, is what is needed.

I always say, if someone is better because of your kind loving words and your presence in their lives, then that is one of the greatest gifts! Dishing out awful words to those that even deserve them wont give you the satisfaction you were looking for to begin with. Yes some anger may be released but the mistreatment of people will never leave you feeling better! I know..

Be of significance in someone’s life. There is so much fulfilment in that. Use your words to build someone and make them smile..it will only take YOU far!





HOPE YOU ENJOYED READING MY ARTICLE and THANK YOU

Yours Truly
MalisticD*`~